There are a wide variety of resources available to students at The Ohio State University:
- Scarlet and Gray Financial One on One Coaching: Scarlet and Gray Financial offers students the opportunity to have a one on one meeting with an extensively trained financial coach. These meetings are designed to address your financial questions and help you to develop a financial plan for your future.
What to expect in your appointment?
- You will be meeting with an extensively trained volunteer peer financial coach for your 1 hour session.
- Your coach will ask some questions to get to know you, and help you to develop goals and vision for your future.
- Next, they will help you to gain a greater understanding of where you stand today financially. For this portion, it may be helpful to come prepared with information regarding any bank account or loan balances.
- You will then have the opportunity to work together to create a spending plan to achieve your goals during your time at Ohio State.
- Lastly, you will agree upon a list of next steps that you can each take in moving forward.
- Financial Wellness Presentations: Scarlet and Gray Financial offers presentations and workshops covering financial wellness topics for student organizations, university courses, & residence halls. Presentation length can vary and topics are presented to audiences of all sizes!
- EverFi At Work Platform: If you are looking to increase your financial skills, knowledge, and capability, Scarlet and Gray Financial have provided an online module to do so. Visit the module, create an account, and work through modules that are appropriate for your area of interest! Topics covered include: savings & investments, mortgages, payments & credit cards, overdraft protection, credit scores & reports, insurance & taxes, identity protection, financing higher education.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Clinics: VITA is a national IRS program that operates to assist low-middle income individuals in filing their annual tax returns. The OSU VITA Clinic is an opportunity for those who qualify to receive free access to computers, legal documents, and trained assistants to aid in the process of electronic filings. Qualifying clients include individuals whose annual income does not exceed $52,000 and who are filing as independent.
- ITunes U Personal Finance Course: Student Personal Finance 101 is an iTunes U course designed by the Student Life Student Wellness Center to make personal finance fun and engaging for all students. The course has been feature by Apple internationally and trended as one of Apple's Top #10 courses.
EDUCATIONAL SERVICE ONLY; NO ADVICE IS PROVIDED
Scarlet and Gray Financial Coaching is an educational service only. We do not provide investment, legal, or tax advice. The information provided is for general educational purposes only, and is not intended to substitute for the advice of your investment, legal, and/or tax advisors or to be the basis of specific trading or investment activities. If you need investment, legal, and/or tax advice, please consult with one of these professionals.
The links to third-party financial resources are provided as a convenience for informational purposes only. Neither The Ohio State University or its Student Wellness Center endorses or approves any of the products, services or opinions of the entities or individuals associated with these links. The Ohio State University and its Student Wellness Center bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of any external site associated with the links provided or any subsequent links.